A Perl module is a self-contained piece of Perl code that can be used by a Perl program or by other Perl modules. It is conceptually similar to a C link library, or a C++ class.
To manually install a Perl module:
- Download the Perl module from CPAN or other site.
- Extract the tarball, and then run the following commands (in that order):
- perl Makefile.PL
- make test
- make install
From the WHM
Login to the: WHM >> Main >> Software >> Install a Perl Module
Enter the name of the Perl Module you wish to install in the field and click the button Search. Perl Module will be presented to you in a list. Find and can click on the module you wish to install.
The command Line
- SSH to the server and login as root.
- Type the following command at the prompt:
- /scripts/realperlinstaller –force HTML ::Template
In this case, the module we want to install is HTML::Template.